Monday, August 22, 2016

More Powah!

When is 650 horsepower not all that impressive?
When you can have 700+
And that's exactly what I did to my Mustang last week.
Wednesday morning I installed a new slightly smaller pulley on the supercharger.

I then went to a shop in Loudon NH to get the computer re-tuned:


 And re-tune they did!
I went from approximately 570 rear-wheel horsepower (about 655 crankshaft-horsepower) to over 600 at the wheels!
608 to be exact.
Which translates to 700-715 crank horsepower (the power the engine is producing at its crankshaft before driveline loss is taken into account)
And the car is now putting down over 500 ft-lbs of torque to the tires from 3800-5800 RPM.
That's quite a FLAT torque curve:

And that's some serious power increase, power that can be easily felt, especially in the off-the-line torque.
Torque increase over the previous set-up?
47 ft-lbs.
Yup, almost 50 ft-lbs more than the prior pulley/tune combo.
I'd say I'm happy with that!
Oh, and a video of the dyno run:


1 comment: