Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Electric or gas?

Electric cars have now been around a while.
As a motorsports enthusiast, I don't think I'll ever own one.
Personally, I can't see how an electric car will ever be able to duplicate or replace the pure thrills a proper V8 gas (or turbodiesel) engine can deliver.
Electric can certainly have its use in more pedestrian vehicles, your local city commuter car or even some industrial/commercial uses.
But for me, I don't see how they'll ever deliver the sensations that a conventional powertrain provide.
What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I can see electric cars being used as commuter or city vehicles. Even with increased ranges, there are areas that are so remote, you could end up out of charge and need a tow. So unless there is a way to charge on the go (without being a hybrid) I think all electric is a limited market.

    From a perspective of pure driving enjoyment, I also will always want the rumble of power. There is something about a lot of ponies under the hood waiting to run that in just so enthralling... and sexy!

    ReplyDelete