Monday, July 11, 2016

Gabe's Garage

Welcome to Gabe's Garage, a blog about car stuff, car talk, automotive news and reviews
Check back often as I will be updating this frequently, and you just never know what I might come up with!
For now, some info about the toy in my garage.
It's a 2013 Ford Mustang GT, a fun car that I work on myself, have done most of the work on it myself and a car that I drive whenever the weather agrees. A car that I have raced and that I autocross at least a couple of times a year, as life schedule permits.
This is how it currently looks, with the current set of wheels on it, along with numerous other appearance and functional modifications/improvements:


The car has a 2.3L Whipple supercharger on it, currently putting out about 570 hp to the rear tires, and about 470 rear-wheel torque.
Those rear-wheel numbers translate to about 655-670 hp and about 540-550 ft-lbs of torque that the engine is actually producing before the driveline loss is taken into account.
That loss is typically 13-15% on one of these cars, with the manual transmission that this one is equipped with.
Here is the current view under the hood, an always-changing look, especially since I started having parts hydro-dipped with the new fiery skull pattern:
The car has been down the 1/4-mile track several times, but all those runs were before the supercharger was installed.
At that time it was tuned by a well-known company, but a company that is known for its safe-but-not-super-strong tunes.
The only other performance modification the car had at the time was an aftermarket air intake system, an Airaid "Race" set-up.
The car was delivering 390 rear-wheel HP at the time, and the best 1/4-mile time I could do with it was a 12.8 sec @ 111mph.
These days the car is estimated to be good for low 11-second times.
I will hopefully find out, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment