Monday, July 11, 2016

More than one Mustang in the stable

My '13 Mustang GT might be a fun car, but I'm happy to say it's not the only pony in the stable.
It has a sibling, a 2008 Mustang GT500.
It's not my car, but they do share a garage.
My lovely fiancee Lisa gets to call that one hers.
It's also modified, has suspension and powertrain improvements, its engine currently delivering 643 rear-wheel HP and 608 rear-wheel TQ, numbers which translate to approx 755-774 hp and 700-715 ft-lbs of torque produced by the engine, before driveline loss of 13-15%
It also sees autocross tracks, as we've both attended 3 events in the last 2 years, and have another one scheduled at the end of this month.
Here she is wearing its fancy-shmancy Shelby Alcoa wheels:
During autocross events those lovely wheels come off and I get to install its factory wheels, which are equipped with factory-size front Goodyear tires and Nitto NT555R 305/40/18 rear tires.

1 comment: